Master of Arts in Kinesiology: Physical Education Emphasis
This program is for students with a background in physical education and/or coaching. It provides a broad understanding of the history and philosophy of current physical education practices and supplies the tools necessary to develop physical education programs. Coursework focuses on implementing ethical standards in teaching methods.
Fully Online Master's Program
This master's degree is a fully online program accredited by WSCUC. If you start in the summer, the program can be completed fully online in 14 months. A spring start takes 17 months to complete.
- 14 or 17 month program
- January and May cohort start date
- 100% online
- Work and earn degree simultaneously
- Quality courses
- Focus on improving physical education, teaching and coaching skills
- Fixed cohort pricing
Degree ProgramMaster of Arts in Kinesiology
With this degree, credentialed educators can teach physical education at any grade level, including at a college or university.
- Application form and fee
- Phone interview with program director (see attached form below)
- Three letters of recommendation addressing (at least one from college instructor or supervisor) (see attached form below)
- Statement of intent
- Two writing samples including potential graduate-level work
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree in kinesiology or related area*
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Current resume including all related professional and extra-curricular experience
*Individuals without a BA/BS in kinesiology or related area may satisfy the requirement one of the following ways:
- Having a minimum of 12 semester units of study in physical education.
- For each year verified, full-time physical education teaching and/or coaching experience, 3 units of prerequisites may be waived with the approval of the program director.
- For each of part-time teaching/coaching, 1.5 units may be waived.
Total Units: 36
You can also check out our Frequently Asked Questions to see what others asked about our program.
Program information and tuition subject to change.