Master of Arts in Kinesiology: Athletic Training Emphasis
This 14-month program is designed for students who are National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification, Inc. (NATABOC) certified athletic trainers with good standing or are eligible to take the NATABOC examination.
The athletic training emphasis provides intensive study in athletic training methods, administration, organization, as well as advanced therapeutic exercise and rehabilitation. In addition, graduates gain understanding of common research methods, psychological aspects of injuries and rehabilitation, and sports law and ethics. Clinical experience in the field is expected during the fall and spring semesters.
Fully Online Master's Program
This master's degree is a fully online program accredited by WASC, and can be completed fully online in 14 months. View the course sequence and timeline.
Degree ProgramMaster of Arts in Kinesiology
This degree prepares graduates for athletic training positions at the high school, community college, college, university, professional and private−sector levels.
- 14-month program
- May cohort start date
- 100% online
- Work and earn degree simultaneously
- Quality courses
- Study and enhance skills in administration, therapeutic exercise and teaching
- Application form and fee
- Phone interview with the program director (see attached form below)
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one from supervising ATC) (see attached form below)
- Statement of intent
- Two writing samples indicating potential graduate level work
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree in athletic training or related area
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Current resume including all related professional and extra curricular experience
- Current NATABOC certification with good standing or eligibility for the NATABOC certification examination
Total Units: 36
You can also check out our Frequently Asked Questions to see what others asked about our program.
Program information and tuition subject to change.
To help you prepare for your studies in the program our faculty recommend the following preparation.
Students must be National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification, Inc. (NATABOC) certified athletic trainers with good standing or must be eligible to take the NATABOC examination.