Master of Arts in Educational Technology
This program is designed for candidates who plan to assume technology leadership roles in a school setting. Participants in this program explore the application of technology in education and develop an expertise in using technology as a tool to enhance teaching and learning. A variety of the most current and efficient uses of technology will be explored. The coursework focuses on current learning theories and instructional strategies for the effective use of technology in the classroom setting. Candidates will understand the implications of the digital world in relation to ethical and moral uses in terms of global responsibilities. Candidates should possess a teaching credential and/or express an interest in the educational use of technology.
- Fully online program
- 8-week courses
- Candidates take one couse at a time (2 courses/semester)
- Theory and practice blend to prepare candidates for the real world
- Highly experienced faculty
- Program is aligned with the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) and National Educational Technology Standards for Teaching Standards (NETS-T)
This degree equips graduates to develop and implement tools in the classroom using technology. Graduates serve as technology leaders in the school or district. They are also qualified to teach at the college level.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information.
- Introduction to Teaching With Digital Technology
- Foundations of Learning Theory
- Developing Technology Rich Curriculum
- Foundations in Education Technology
- Values in School & Society
- Creating on the Web
- Creating on the Web
- Research Methods in Education
- Project/ Thesis Proposal- Educational Technology
- Information Technologies
- Project/ Thesis- Educational Technology
- Application form and fee
- Three references (see form below)
- Statement of intent (1-2 pages explaining your goals)
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Admission interview with program director
Total units: 31
Program information and tuition subject to change.