Teacher Librarian Services Credential
This credential is designed to expose students to a rich set of experiences that prepare them for service in school libraries. It is specifically intended to prepare them to work collaboratively with classroom teachers to develop and implement programs related to curriculum, as well as to select, organize, manage and guide the use of learning resources in all formats. It has been approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and is known for educational quality throughout the state and nation.
- Known throughout the state and nation for its educational quality
- One class at a time—allowing for a deeper understanding, more rigorous curriculum and time for reflection
New Course Offered
Our new Twenty-First Century School Librarianship course allows those who complete it to add the Special Class Authorization (SCA) to your teacher librarian credential.
Degree ProgramTeacher Librarian Program
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information.
- Digital-Age School Library Technology
- Library Media Center Programs
- Administration of the School Media Center
- Analysis, Evaluation and Selection of Learning Resources
- Information Services in School Library Media Programs
- A Critical Look At Children's and Young Adult's Literature
- A Critical Look At Young Adult's Literature
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Organization of Learning Resources
- Field Studies in School Librarianship
- Twenty-First Century School Librarianship
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview (meet with program director for education plan)
- Statement of intent (1-2 pages explaining your goals)
- Three references (see form below)
- Verification of passing the CBEST
- Valid California teaching credential
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Letter of explanation if GPA is under 2.75
Students enrolling in online courses are responsible to meet system requirements.
Successful completion of the Twenty-First Century School Librarianship course will allow you to add the Special Class Authorization (SCA) to this credential.
Program information and tuition subject to change.