Resource Specialist Added Authorization
The resource specialist added authorization program is designed for teachers who hold a valid learning handicapped special education credential and who have taught for a total of three years, in both or either regular and special education classes. The certificate program is designed to develop specific skills, knowledge and performance competencies in the following essential areas:
- Consultant and inclusion services
- Coordination and implementation of services
- Laws, regulations and other compliances
- Staff development and in-service
- Parent education
- Full accreditation
- Fully online
- Classes blend theory and practice
Degree ProgramSpecial Education Program
This authorization demonstrates strengthened knowledge and skills in special education and allows established educators to advance in their careers.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information.
- Application form and fee
- Program director meeting
- Three graduate reference forms
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Verification of negative TB test (within last 12 months)
- Special education addendum
- Ryan's Credential: Learning Handicapped
Number of units: 13
Program information and tuition subject to change.