Master of Arts in Leadership Studies
Leading the Way to Success
The master of arts in leadership studies focuses on teaching leaders innovative ways to think about their roles in their own organizations and communities, and how they might inspire change by looking at the world differently. Courses are designed to engage students in creative processes that build a bridge between academic theory and real-world application. Leadership styles, business ethics, and the transformative value of effective interpersonal communication will be explored.
This six-semester, cohort-model program emphasizes a collaborative team learning experience. The master of arts in leadership studies is accredited through Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
This degree prepares professionals for positions in senior management, non-profit administration, business planning and wide array of leadership roles, such as memberships on boards of directors and positions in community leadership. This degree is not only beneficial to graduates; organizations also benefit as these individuals integrate and implement ethical leadership practices and an objective approach to managing change.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information
- Finish in less than two years
- Classes offered one evening per week
- Collaborative learning
- Master's leadership field project is supervised in class by faculty
- Face-to-face class meetings with blended online components
- Internationally recognized faculty
- Application form and fee
- Statement of intent
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Three current professional/academic references (see form below)
- LASSI results and letter of petition for students with a GPA under 3.0