Master of Arts in Integrated Mathematics & Science Education
FPU's Master of Arts in Education with an emphasis in integrated math/science education prepares K-8 teachers like you to better meet the needs of your students in the areas of mathematics and science. In this program, you'll be exposed to variety of content, theory and methodology. Courses focus on integrating math and science with each other and with other disciplines.
- Individualized program
- Small class size
- Scholarships available
- Specially designed for K-8 teachers
Successful graduates of this program have entered into school and district resource positions in math and science.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information.
- Foundations of Learning Theory
- Values in School & Society
- Project/ Thesis Proposal- Integrated Mathematics/Science Education
- Project/Thesis - Integrated Math and Science
- Integration of Mathematics and Science: Science Connections
- Integration of Mathematics and Science: Math Connections
- Topics in Math Education
- Topics in Science Education
- Earth Science Concepts
- Physical Science Concepts
- Life Science Concepts
- Puzzles and Problem Solving
- Math Perspectives
- Arithmetic of Rational Number Systems
- Informal Geometry
- Concepts of Algebra
- Probability and Statistics (Middle School Emphasis)
- Topics in Mathematics
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview (meet with program director for education plan)
- Statement of Intent (1-2 pages explaining your goals)
- Three references (see form below)
- Official transcripta verfifying BA/BS degree
- Letter of explanation if your GPA is under 2.75
Total Units: 30
Another program which includes mathematics is the Master of Arts in Mathematics Education. This program is designed to ignite and sustain excitement about mathematics and learning.
Program information and tuition subject to change.