Master of Arts in Education: Reading/ESL Emphasis
We are currently not accepting applications for this program.
The master of arts in education with an emphasis in reading/ESL (English as a second language) is designed for educators who seek to teach reading beyond the K-12 level. Courses are highly practical and theoretically sound. Curriculum focuses on language and literacy issues, working with the adult learner and topics pertaining to English language learners as well as research methods.
Degree ProgramReading / Language Arts Program
The master of arts in education with an emphasis in reading/ESL is designed for graduates wish to teach reading in diverse classroom settings at the community college level.
- Evening classes
- Small class sizes
- Visiting scholar seminars provide opportunities for an exchange of ideas and information
- Interactive format
- Practical application of concepts studied
- Highly qualified instructors with both practical and theoretical knowledge
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview (meet with program director for education plan)
- Statement of Intent (1-2 pages explaining your goals)
- Three references (see form below)
- Writing sample (copy of recent paper you have submitted for a class or read an article related to your program of interest and give an analysis of it)
- Official transcript of BA/BS degree
- Letter of explanation if your GPA is under 2.75
Total Units: 38