Master of Arts in Education: Integrated Mathematics/Science Education Emphasis
This master's degree is designed to help teachers better meet the needs of their students in the areas of mathematics and science. The program has a good variety of content, theory and methodology. It also focuses on integrating mathematics and science with each other and with other disciplines.
Successful graduates of this program have entered into school and district resource positions in math and science.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information
- Seminar in Learning Theory
- Values in School & Society
- Integration of Mathematics and Science: Science Connections
- Integration of Mathematics and Science: Math Connections
- Puzzles and Problem Solving
- Math Perspectives
- Arithmetic of Rational Number Systems
- Informal Geometry
- Concepts of Algebra
- Probability and Statistics (Middle School Emphasis)
- History of Mathematics
- Project/ Thesis Proposal- Integrated Mathematics/Science Education
- Individualized program
- Small class size
- Scholarships available
- Specially designed for K-8 teachers
- 2-3 year program
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview (meet with program director for education plan)
- Statement of Intent (1-2 pages explaining your goals)
- Three references (see form below)
- Official transcript of BA/BS degree
- Letter of explanation if your GPA is under 2.75
Total Units: 30
Another program which includes mathematics is the master of arts in education: mathematics education emphasis. This program is designed to ignite and sustain excitement about mathematics and learning.
Program information and tuition subject to change.