Clear Credential - Multiple & Single Subject
This flexible, fully online, three-semester program is ideal for candidates like you who have completed a preliminary, general education multiple or single subject credential and need to fulfill the requirement for your clear credential. At FPU, you will be supported with throughout your program and coursework is designed around your needs. If the district in which you work has an approved induction program, you must clear their credential through your district. However, if the district in which you work cannot service you, or if you work at a private school, charter school, home school consortium or the prison system, you are eligible to clear your credential with the program offered at Fresno Pacific University.
- Courses are offered fully online
- Can be completed in three semesters
- One of the few CTC-approved clear credential programs in California for SB 2042 credential teachers
- Mentoring and individualized program plans
- Flexible, field-based assignments for the needs of the candidates' classrooms
- Five to eight units may be transferred into our blended or fully-online curriculum and teaching master's program
Preliminary credentials are issued for non-renewable five-year terms. The professional clear credential allows for continued employment in the P-12 classroom.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information.
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview with program director ($45 application fee waiver with interview)
- Statement of Intent (1-2 pages explaining your goals)
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Copy of preliminary credential
- Induction program unavailability form (see attached form below)
- Employment using the appropriate credential
- Letter of explanation if your GPA is under 2.75
Total Units: 11
Students enrolling in online courses are responsible to meet system requirements.
A CPR certificate (infant, child and adult) is required in order to receive your credential. The certificate must be valid at the time the student is finished with the clear credential coursework.
In order to receive your credential after you have completed the coursework, the credential analyst in the School of Education will recommend you for the credential. All you need to do is complete a simple application and submit your valid CPR certificate if you haven’t already.
Program information and tuition subject to change.