Clear Credential - Multiple & Single Subject
This three semester program is for candidates who have completed their preliminary multiple or single subject credential and need to fulfill the requirement for their clear credential. If the district in which the candidate is hired has an approved induction program, they must clear their credential through their district. If the district in which the candidate works cannot service them or if they are hired by a private school, charter school, home school consortium or the prison system, they are eligible to clear their credential with this program.
Preliminary credentials are issued for non-renewable five-year terms. The professional clear credential allows for continued employment in the pre-school, elementary or secondary classroom.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information
- Fully online
- Can be completed in three semesters
- One of the few CTC-approved clear credential programs in California for SB 2042 credentialed teachers
- Fully trained university support provider assigned to each candidate
- Flexible, field-based assignments for the needs of the candidates' classrooms
- Five units may be transferred into our blended or fully-online curriculum and teaching master's program
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview ($45 application fee waiver with interview)
- Three references (see form below)
- Statement of Intent (1-2 pages explaining your goals)
- Official transcript of BA/BS degree
- Letter of explanation if your GPA is under 2.75
- Copy of preliminary credential
- Induction program unavailability form (see attached form below)
Total Units: 11
Students enrolling in online courses are responsible to meet system requirements.
A CPR certificate (infant, child and adult) is required in order to receive your credential. The certificate must be valid at the time the student is finished with the clear credential coursework.
In order to receive your credential after you have completed the coursework, the credential analyst in the School of Education will recommend you for the credential. All you need to do is complete a simple application and submit your valid CPR certificate if you haven’t already.
Program information and tuition subject to change.