Certificate in Mediation
This certificate prepares a professional to assist as a third party in negotiations between individuals or groups with conflicting perspectives, attitudes and/or actions. Curriculum and practice prepare the student to serve as a mediator who can help parties come to mutually acceptable agreements.
- Hands-on experience in mediation and facilitation
- Court-connected mediation opportunities
- Faculty experienced in family, criminal and civil mediation
Degree ProgramPeacemaking And Conflict Studies (PACS) Program
This certificate will enable students to develop skills in mediation in preparation for professional or voluntary work in mediation. Individuals in leadership may also wish to use the certificate program to enhance their mediation skills in their continuing roles.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information.
- Basic Institute in Conflict Management And Mediation
- Institute in School Peer Mediation Program Development
- Introduction to Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Introductory Practicum in Mediation
- Advanced Mediation
- Mediation and the Law
- Internship in Peacemaking
- Institute in Victim Offender Reconciliation Program (VORP) Development
- Institute in Establishing a Mediation Practice
- Restorative Justice
- Discipline That Restores
- Church Conflict Management and Leadership
- Family Mediation
When can I start?
Courses are in the semester format, beginning in the fall (August), spring (January) and summer (May).
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview (meet with program director for education plan)
- Statement of intent (1-2 pages explaining your goals)
- Three references (see form below)
- Writing sample (copy of a recent paper you have submitted for a class or read an article related to your program of interest and give an analysis of it)
- Official transcript of BA/BS degree
- Letter of explanation if your GPA is under 2.75
Total Units: 17 - 22
Program information and tuition subject to change.
Read our Gainful Employment documents here.