Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Certificate
In this program, you will complete a series of graduate-level classes approved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) and the Fresno Pacific University certificate committee. Coursework will prepare you to assist people to learn new behaviors, increase or reduce existing behaviors and teach individuals when to use specific behaviors in specific instances. The scope of these services ranges from addressing challenging behaviors of an individual to changing the behavior of an entire organization, school or school-community.
- Small class sizes
- Evening classes
This certification program is especially valuable for individuals pursuing their master's in school counseling and/or school psychology because of the increasing demand in schools for expertise in developing systematic individual behavior support plans.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information.
- Behavioral Research Methods in Education (BCBA)
- Behavioral Assessment / Intervention (BCBA)
- Early Intervention and Behavioral Assessment (BCBA)
- Advanced Behavior Assessment: Application to Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Advanced Procedures for Behavior Change and Support
- BCBA Ethics
- School Psychology Practicum
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview with BCBA enrollment advisor
- Statement of Intent
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
Total Units: 28
The following program requirements must be met to be eligible to apply for the certification examination:
- A completed bachelor's or master's degree in school counseling, school psychology or a related area; or
- Advancement to candidacy for the school counseling, school psychology, dual credential or master's program.
Liability insurance is required before supervised experience can begin. Information on obtaining liability insurance may be found at www.nasponline.org.
Following the completion of coursework and supervision, the candidate must apply for and pass the certification exam developed and administered by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
Program information and tuition subject to change.
Read our Gainful Employment documents here.