Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Certificate
Individuals in the BCBA Certificate Program complete a series of graduate-level classes approved by both the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) and the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB). This sequence of classes prepares individuals to assist people to learn new behaviors, increase or reduce existing behaviors and teach individuals when to use specific behaviors in specific instances. The scope of these services ranges from addressing challenging behaviors of an individual person to changing the behavior of an entire organization, school or school-community.
This certification program is especially valuable for individuals pursuing their master’s in school counseling and/or school psychology because of the increasing demand in these fields for expertise in developing systematic individual behavior support plans.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information
- Small class sizes
- Evening classes
- Flexible schedule for both returning part-time professionals and traditional full-time students
- Courses approved by California Commission on Teacher Credentialing(CCTC) and Behavior Analyst Certification Board(BACB)
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview (meet with program director for education plan)
- Statement of Intent
- Official transcript of BA/BS degree
Total Units: 25
The following program requirements must be met to be eligible to apply for the certification examination:
- A completed bachelor's or master's degree in school counseling, school psychology or a related area; or
- Advancement to candidacy for the school counseling, school psychology, dual credential or master's program.
Liability insurance is required before supervised experience can begin. Information on obtaining liability insurance may be found at www.nasponline.org.
The program requirements must be met to be eligible to apply for the certification examination.
Program information and tuition subject to change.