Board Certified Associate Behavior Analyst (BCABA) Certificate
Candidates for this certificate will complete a series of graduate-level classes approved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB). This sequence prepares candidates to help people learn new behaviors, increase or reduce existing behaviors and understand when to use specific behaviors in specific instances. The scope of these services ranges from addressing challenging behaviors of one person to changing the behavior of an entire organization, school or school-community. Fresno Pacific University has been approved by the BACB to offer both coursework and supervision leading to certification as a BCABA.
This certification program is especially valuable for individuals with a bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science area who wish to pursue or enhance their employment with public or private organizations in the development of systematic individual behavior support plans.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information
- Courses offered in Fresno or Visalia
- Small class sizes
- Evening classes
- Flexible schedule for both returning part-time professionals and traditional full-time students
- Courses approved by California Commission on Teacher Credentialing(CCTC) and Behavior Analyst Certification Board(BACB)
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview (meet with program director for education plan)
- Statement of Intent
- Official transcript of BA/BS degree
- Three reference forms
Total Units: 17
The following program requirements must be met to be eligible to apply for the certification examination:
- Completed bachelor's degree in a related field or enrollment in a bachelor's degree program.
Liability insurance is required before supervised experience can begin. Information on obtaining liability insurance may be found at www.nasponline.org.
Following the completion of coursework and supervision, the candidate must make application for and pass the certification exam developed and administered by the BACB.
Program information and tuition subject to change.