Administrative Services Preliminary Credential (Tier I)
With this preliminary administrative services credential, the focus is on the needs of the school-site administrator, emphasizing the establishment of a close relationship with teachers, school districts and the community. You will gain hands-on experience with supervised fieldwork.
- Experienced and supportive university faculty
- Exposure to relevant, on-site challenges facing current administrators
- Our grads are sought by top districts
- Up to six units of credit may be transferred into program with approval
- Series of five courses and five correlating, supervised fieldwork experiences
- Online/blended courses available
Degree ProgramAdministrative Services Program
This credential serves as a valuable resource for graduates pursuing immediate opportunities in entry-level administrative positions. Courses meet all requirements for placement in an administrative position in grades K-12 in the state of California.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information.
- Building Shared Vision and Leadership Capacity
- Fieldwork: Building Shared Vision and Leadership Capacity
- Meeting Diverse Needs of Family and Community
- Fieldwork: Meeting Diverse Needs of Family and Community
- Developing Student Learning in a Standards-Based System
- Fieldwork: Developing Student Learning in a Standards-Based System
- Organizational Management in Support of Student Learning
- Fieldwork: Organizational Management in Support of Student Learning
- Connecting the Broader Influences on Schools
- Fieldwork: Connecting the Broader Influences on Schools
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview (meet with program director for education plan)
- Statement of intent (1-2 pages explaining your goals)
- Three references (see attached form below)
- Official transcript verifying BA/BS degree
- Verification of passing the CBEST
- Approved basic credential
- Verification of current negative TB test (within 12 months)
Total Units: 24
This credential takes four semesters to complete (if taking six units per semester), and online/blended courses are available.
To schedule an appointment or for additional information, call or email:
|Amanda Krum-Stovall |
|Front Desk |
|Kaureen Brady |
Program information and tuition subject to change.