Administrative Services Intern Credential (Tier I)
The administrative services internship program prepares a student to work as a paid school administrator while enrolled in the administrative services program. An internship candidate must be requested by a school district. Students receive support from mentors and university supervisors. To keep the internship credential active, a student must register for a one unit course each semester which provides guidance for individualized planning, mentoring and supervision. During each semester the district mentor, university supervisor and student have contact a minimum of three times to review strengths and administrative development. In addition, the student and university supervisor have contact at least two more times throughout the semester.
- Series of five courses and five correlating supervised fieldwork experiences
- Fieldwork interfaces with and relates directly to coursework
- One unit internship course each semester
- Exposed to relevant, on-site challenges facing current administrators
- Up to six units of credit may be transferred into program with approval
- Online/blended courses available
Degree ProgramAdministrative Services Program
This credential is designed specifically for educators entering into school administration. It meets all requirements for an entry-level administrative position in grades K-12 in the state of California.
The following courses are part of this program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for specific course information.
- Building Shared Vision and Leadership Capacity
- Fieldwork: Building Shared Vision and Leadership Capacity
- Meeting Diverse Needs of Family and Community
- Fieldwork: Meeting Diverse Needs of Family and Community
- Developing Student Learning in a Standards-Based System
- Fieldwork: Developing Student Learning in a Standards-Based System
- Organizational Management in Support of Student Learning
- Fieldwork: Organizational Management in Support of Student Learning
- Connecting the Broader Influences on Schools
- Fieldwork: Connecting the Broader Influences on Schools
Total Units: 28
Online/blended courses available
To schedule an appointment or for additional information, call or email:
|Amanda Krum-Stovall |
|Kaureen Brady |
Program information and tuition subject to change.